Faith, Hope and Love: Encouragement for Women

Life lessons learned from a woman, wife and mother living it.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Give Them To God

"'I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.'" 1 Samuel 1:27, 28


Just as Hannah cried out to God, I too cried out to him for a child. When my second one came along later that what I expected, we were ecstatic. The period of waiting for another child, which I so badly wanted, has made me so much more grateful for each moment I have with each of my children. I find that I am cherishing every moment (well, maybe not when messes and bodily fluids are involved, etc.), or at least more moments than in the past. But still it is easy to forget where these precious ones came from. It is all to easy to forget to keep giving them back to the One who gave them to you in the first place. But, it is so critical to their well-being. In a blink of an eye they will be grown or gone. In the meantime, sit back, relax and enjoy the little ones God has placed in your life and let Him do the rest. Just like Hannah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com