Faith, Hope and Love: Encouragement for Women

Life lessons learned from a woman, wife and mother living it.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Commentary on Sheila's Comment

Just a little commentary on the comments that Sheila wrote about parenting. I just want to make it clear that this book does not recommend no use of discipline. It simply states that if a child is not behaving properly to first assess the situation and determine whether his needs are all being met. (The book states all the different needs and how to deal with them as well.) Then if you think that all the needs are met, then you proceed to discipline. I also agree with Sheila that no matter what parenting techniques you use, it is constantly necessary to pray for guidance. I am always asking God to help me to know what to do in a situation so as not to hurt my children in any way emotionally. Obviously no parent is perfect, especially myself, but fortunately for me, I have the Heavenly "Father" who knows exactly what my chilren need at all times.

May God bless you Sheila as you endeavor to give birth again! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan K. said...

Comment on the commentary on Sheila's comment: "No comment."

I just thought that would be funny, no need to read into it.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com