Faith, Hope and Love: Encouragement for Women

Life lessons learned from a woman, wife and mother living it.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Battle Is The Lords

“Bend down, O Lord, and her my prayer;
answer me, for I need your help.
Protect me, for I am devoted to you.
Save me, for I serve you and trust you.
You are my God.
Be merciful, O Lord,
For I am calling on you constantly,
Give me happiness, O Lord,
For my life depends on you.
O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
So full of unfailing love for all who ask your aid.
Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord;
Hear my urgent cry.
I will call to you whenever trouble strikes,
And you will answer me.

Psalm 86:1-7 (A prayer of David)

Have you ever been in the middle of a battle, maybe a spiritual battle or a conflict with other people ? When in the middle of a situation such as this, it is hard to see clearly through the tears and the pain. It is difficult to know what to do. I have realized two very important things that can make the situation seem a lot less overwhelming. First, you must cry out to God as these verses point out. Telling Him all about it and all the emotions you feel. It is okay to be honest with God and tell Him you are hurting and even angry at Him for allowing this. Talk to Him about it as you would your best friend. Then after you have told Him about the situation and how you feel, give it over to God and let Him carry this burden for you. Ask Him to forgive you for anything you have done to contribute to this and to show you what you need to learn from this situation. Then the most important thing I have realized is to sit and do nothing. Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing you can do. If you are like me and like to fix things and control things, then sitting and doing nothing is very difficult. But it is not nearly as difficult when you remember that “The Battle Is The Lords.” So, sit back and let God fight this battle for you instead of taking it into your own hands. While you are sitting back, you can be constantly praying, but not constantly worrying anymore, because you know that God will fight this battle for you and He has so many more resources to fight with. When God fights your battle you will win. Maybe not how you want it, but how God wants it. And that will certainly be a victory!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com